Thursday, July 31, 2008

Young love...50 years later


Take a look at this picture. What do you see? 

If you said an old man past his prime hitting on three women even further past their prime, you're right. This old boy stepped into the store not too long ago for reasons I can't remember (most likely to buy a six pack of bud light and ask where the nearest mini-golf course was). These fine ladies happened to be there at the same time, buying muffins and crackers and going about the general business of the upper-middle-aged. One look at them, and he was lovestruck.

After he bought his goods, he asked me some generic question about the area (where is the park entrance?, do you have cigars?, how can I see the mountain?...I could go on...). While I was in the middle of my equally generic answer, he politely cut me off and informed me he was done with me, and was now concentrating on the beautiful women in the store. I took a look around the place, didn't see anything remotely resembling beautiful, and quietly accepted the fact that this man was either off his rocker or in a decade-long drought. Either way, I wasn't going to argue with him, so I let him stand there at the counter and try to strike up a conversation with the ladies for a few minutes (judging by his game, I'm leaning toward the decade-long drought option). 

They eventually grew tired of this and left the store. As you can see in the picture, he promptly followed them out and continued spitting mad game. I hope the four of them are very happy together.

I feel like you need to know these things.

No comments: